The history of Konaseema can be traced back to the ancient times, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Neolithic period. The region was ruled by various dynasties, including the Satavahanas, the Eastern Chalukyas, and the Cholas. The region came under the control of the British East India Company in the 18th century.
During the British rule, Konaseema was an important center for agriculture and trade, with crops such as rice, coconut, and banana being widely cultivated. The region is also known for its rich culture, with many traditional festivals and events being celebrated throughout the year.
In recent times, Konaseema has become a popular tourist destination, attracting visitors from all over the world. The region is known for its beautiful temples, beaches, and backwaters, as well as its rich cultural heritage.
Overall, Konaseema has a rich history, which is a mix of different dynasties, cultures, and traditions which is still visible in the present day in the form of temples, architecture and customs.
Konaseema Tourist Places :
· Rajahmundry: A historic city known for its temples and the Godavari River.
· Draksharamam: A temple town known for the Bheemeswara Temple, a beautiful and historic temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
· Kotipalli: A village known for its beautiful temples and scenic views of the Godavari River.
· Amalapuram: A town known for its beautiful beaches and temples, including the Sri Kukkuteswara Temple and the Sri Rajarajeswara Temple.
· Papikondalu: A hill range located in the Godavari River, known for its scenic beauty and adventure activities like boating, trekking, and camping.
· Pattiseema: A small village located on the confluence of Godavari and Vamsadhara rivers, known for its beautiful temples and scenic views.
· Rajahmundry Rural: A village known for its scenic beauty, temples, and the Godavari River.
· Konaseema: A region known for its scenic beauty and rich cultural heritage, including temples, beaches, and backwaters.
· Polavaram: A village known for its beautiful temples and scenic views of the Godavari River.
· Konaseema Island: An island located in the delta region of the Godavari River, known for its scenic beauty and temples.
Must do activities in konaseema:
· Boat ride in Godavari River: Konaseema is known for its beautiful backwaters, and a boat ride in the Godavari River is a must-do activity for visitors. You can take a boat ride and explore the scenic beauty of the region, and also watch the local fishermen at work.
· Visiting temples: Konaseema is home to many ancient temples, such as the Draksharamam Bheemeswara Temple, Sri Rajarajeswara Temple and Sri Kukkuteswara Temple. These temples are known for their intricate architecture and rich history.
· Trekking and hiking: The Papikondalu hill range is a popular spot for trekking and hiking. The range is known for its scenic beauty, and offers great opportunities for adventure activities.
· Beaches: Konaseema is home to some beautiful beaches like Amalapuram and Kotipalli, which are perfect for swimming, sunbathing and enjoying the sunset.
· Visit to local village: Visit to a local village and experience the local culture, customs and traditions. You can also see the local lifestyle and farming practices.
· Fishing: Konaseema is known for its rich fishing grounds, and visitors can try their hand at fishing with the local fisherman.
· Photography: Konaseema is a photographer’s paradise, with its scenic beauty, temples, beaches and backwaters. Capture some beautiful memories of the place.
· Food: Konaseema is also famous for its delicious local cuisine, which includes seafood, rice, and coconut-based dishes. Be sure to try some of the local food while you are there.
· Overall, Konaseema offers a variety of activities for visitors, from exploring its rich cultural heritage to enjoying its natural beauty and trying out local food and traditions.