The itinerary for traveling from India to Vietnam will depend on your personal preferences and the duration of your trip. However, here is a sample itinerary that covers some of Vietnam's top tourist destinations:
Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi
- Upon arrival, check into your hotel and take some time to explore the city.
- Visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum, which is dedicated to the life and legacy of Vietnam's revolutionary leader.
- Take a stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake and visit the Ngoc Son Temple.
Day 2-3: Explore Halong Bay
- Take an overnight cruise on Halong Bay, which is known for its limestone cliffs and emerald waters.
- While on the cruise, you can take part in activities such as kayaking, swimming, and visiting caves.
Day 4-5: Hoi An
- Travel to Hoi An, which is known for its well-preserved historical architecture and traditional culture.
- Take a walking tour of the city to visit landmarks such as the Japanese Covered Bridge and the Old Town.
- You can also take a cooking class to learn about Vietnam's cuisine.
Day 6-7: Hue
- Travel to Hue, which was the capital of Vietnam during the Nguyen dynasty.
- Visit the Imperial City, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a cruise on the Perfume River to visit the Thien Mu Pagoda.
Day 8-9: Ho Chi Minh City
- Travel to Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon.
- Visit landmarks such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office.
- Take a tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels, which were used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
Day 10: Departure
Return to Ho Chi Minh City and depart for India.
This is just an example and can be adjusted based on your preferences and time available.
As for top tourist destinations in Vietnam:
Hanoi's Old Quarter
Ho Chi Minh City
Each place has its own unique characteristics and attractions, and it's worth taking the time to explore as many as possible during your trip.