Govt New Passport Rules
Fresh Passport or Re-issue of Passport:
Step 1: Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal . (Click on "Register Now” link on the Home Page( For website click here)
Step 2: Login to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id.
Step 3:Click Apply for Fresh Passport or Re-issue of Passport" link. While applying under Fresh Issuance category
Step 4: Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
Step 5: Click the "Pay and Schedule Appointment" link on the "View Saved or Submitted Applications" screen to schedule an appointment. Payment can be made using any one of the following modes:Credit/Debit Card or Internet Banking SBI or Bank Challan
Step 6: Click the "Print Application Receipt" link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number or Appointment Number.
Step 7: Visit the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office where appointment has been booked, along with original documents.
New passport rules:
Now Indians can submit any of the following documents as proof of date of birth.Better to bring all documents you have along with you and keep them ready .
(1) Birth Certificate
(2) Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate
(3) PAN Card issued
(4) Aadhar Card/E-Aadhar
(5) Copy of the extract of the service record of the applicant-only in respect of Government servants
(6) Driving license issued by the Transport Department
(7) Election Photo Identity Card
(8) Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies
(9) The online passport application form now requires the applicant to provide the name of father or mother or legal guardian
(10) The total number of Annexes prescribed in the Passport Rule, 1980, has been brought down to 9 from the present 15. Annexes A, C, D, E, J, and K have been removed
(11) All the annexes that are required to be given by the applicants would be in the form of a self declaration on a plain paper. No attestation or any Notary not required.
(12) Married applicants would not be required to provide any marriage certificate.
(13) The Passport application form does not require the applicant to provide the name of heir or his spouse in case of separated or divorced persons. .
(14) Orphaned children who do not have any proof of DOB or the Matriculation Certificate or the declaratory Court order, may now submit a declaration given by the Head of the Child Care Home on their letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant.
(15) In case of children not born out of wedlock, the applicant for the passport of such children should submit only Annexure G while submitting the passport application.
(16) In case of issue of passport to in-country domestically adopted children, submission of the registered adoption deed would no longer be required. In the absence of any deed to this effect, the passport applicant may give a declaration on a plain paper confirming the adoption.
(17) Sadhus can apply for a passport with the name of their spiritual Guru mentioned in the passport application name subject to their providing of at least one public document such as Election Photo Identity Card,PAN card, Adhar Card, etc
For any queries or doubts please comment below
Government of India-Passport Rules
4/ 5Oleh Simha